Monday, March 12, 2007

March 12- Jo Momma's RV Park







Tonight we are camped just outside Big Bend National Park in Texas at Jo Momma’s RV Park. It’s desert country with beautiful blue sky dotted with small puffy white clouds. We look right out at the Chisos Mountains that are inside the Park. The nearest town is called Terlinguas. It’s a bit warm outside but we’ve got just enough of a breeze through the rig to be comfortable. I gather it will get quite cold during the night and hot all day…I guess that’s what desert means! Prickly pear cactus, ocotillo, and what I think are creosote bush all around. We drove 5 hours to get here so I don’t think we’ll go into the park until tomorrow. I’m eager to hike a bit so I hope tennis shoes are OK in the desert…wish I had some boots! I hear that now Texas has been having tornados…well, they aren’t anywhere near us. No telephone connection here but Gene has the satellite dish up and the TV on. The neighbors tell us that at 5:00 everyone is going down to the local burger joint for 2 for 1 hamburgers (a regular Monday night event). Gene is a happy man.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

Hi parents,

So funny...Jo Momma's RV Park...classy!! I hope you had fun eating 2 for 1 burgers last night and today are walking off the extra calories. hehehe! Your grandson REALLY liked hamburgers a couple months ago...so the 2 for 1 deal would have worked well for me. Now we have moved on to other baby favorites...like chocolate! Yum!

Love you,
CK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home