Wednesday, March 21, 2007

March 19 and 20- Lake Havasu and Bob!





































This lake is paradise in the middle of the desert. Bob certainly knows how to pick his homesites! He has a comfy condo here and the powers that be allowed us to park our RV practically outside his front door. Another free spot, yeah! We can even see the lake from our window. We toured Havasu City in Bob's '65 GTO and then spent the afternoon on the lake in his boat. Really heavenly! The clouds even rolled in just enough to cool the place off a bit...just for us! I could easily spend my days floating around the lake, reading silly novels. Elsie thought it was wonderful too as she has been irritated by the desert. She swam several times and enjoyed her normal barking and chasing sticks routine. Bob has been feeding us like the King and Queen too. Gene hasn't had a steak since Washington DC, so he attacked it with a vengance. We are just lounging around this morning and will take down the satelitte dish and head north before too long. Bob is about to start packing and moving the cars up to Osooyoos before too long. This is a WONDERFUL place to visit...thanks Bob!

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Elsie,

I'm glad to hear that your mom and dad finally let you go swimming! I can't wait to play with you when you get to Oregon. We will make my mom and dad take us to Dorris Ranch so we can run around like the crazy dogs that we are. My friend Caddy even knows about a great swimming hole along the river. I'm sure she is show you! I always stand on the rock next to the river and watch her swim. Swimming isn't for me!

Can't wait to see you!

Jak the dog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home