Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dec 20: Barb’s Finally Back!

Today was one of the best days of our adventure. I picked up Barbara at the airport for our return to normalcy – the trip continues!

The reunion was easy on my end. All I had to do was clean up the coach from 2 weeks of bachelorhood, fixing things, and scattering computer stuff all over the place – hence no pictures! Barbara, on the other hand, had to leave Seattle and make her own adventure in air travel. I’ll have her fill you in later, but suffice it to say that she had to change her (and my) plans quite a few times. I picked her up on the subway, and took her home for a nap while I went to Costco! We then went in to town and took a very quick buzz through the National Archives building which holds important papers, foremost being a couple of very big deal documents like the actual Declaration of Independence and the only ever original hand-written (on parchment) copy of the US Constitution, both in a very impressive display, in the safest building in Washington DC, guarded by many very serious people. I talked to all of them!! We closed the place up after going through a portion of additional displays an all sorts of historical events that we plan to revisit.

While Barbara was gone I had spent a major portion of a day making arrangements and getting tickets for the big “finale” to our Washington DC adventure. I will tell you all about these as we do them in the next couple of days.

The shortest days of the year truly are, especially when you live in a dense forest. We always get home in the darkest of dark to find to coach and Elsie patiently waiting for us for her walk. Our motorhome could use some automatic lights to come on when it gets dark to keep the traveling partner awake and happy. Oh, this roughing it is so rough.

We hope all is well with everyone and that your electricity is back on. How do you plan to read the blog without power??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home