Sunday, February 18, 2007

Feb 18-The Great American Race!






















That was quite an experience! Two hundred laps of craziness. Luckily everyone involved survived...but there were a few crashes where I don't see how it was possible. Dale Earnhardt Jr was the only driver I'd heard of before so I was watching him most of the time and wouldn't you know he crashed right in front of us. Actually several crashes happened in the 4th turn--right where we were parked. It all happens so fast that its hard to tell whats going on, so everyone turns around and watches it on the huge screen that is right behind us. I don't think I'll become a big race fan, but it was tons of fun to do once. I'll post a few more pictures. If the cars are in focus in the photo it means that they were under a yellow caution flag...when they were racing my camera could only catch a blur!

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

You guys look like professional race fans...even though Dad admitted to everyone within earshot that he had never done this before! hehe! Nice job blending in. Very cool to see you standing on top of your motorhome...what a view! I watched the beginning and the end of the race...wow, do they ever drive fast!!

Love you,
Caroline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home