Sunday, November 19, 2006

Time to answer a few questions!

OK--I love all the responses to the blog. It's great to know that someone is actually reading all this! Sue's latest comment was that when she worked at Glenbrook in Tahoe they had a guest registry with Ulysses S. Grant's signature from when he stayed there! Cool. LJ is worried that we might actually have been foolish enough to take the motorhome through NYC---NO NO NO! We left the home in New Jersey and drove the Jeep. That was crazy enough, even for Gene! She also mentioned that we are going to too many people's houses. It's true, we are. The houses themselves aren't all that interesting, but the National Park Service rangers who lead the tours are fabulous. They each really bring their own part of history alive. You have to be here to enjoy them, sorry. I've had a few people mention that we've lost weight--thanks, but don't I wish! I think Gene has slimed down, but not me. I am thrilled to announce though that on the trip I've been able to taper completely OFF of prednisone. This is wonderful!!! It also probably accounts for my face being slimmer as prednisone makes you puff up. Hopefully I look like myself again...thanks for asking! A special note to Marc--the red "torch" I'm holding in the picture with the Statue of Liberty is the red cashmere hat you gave me a few years back...it is still my favorite! Special note to Hank--We haven't seen any Ninja's, but thanks for the warning (Elsie has been barking a lot, maybe she sees them?). We have also had some guesses about the Medal of Honor winners. Mom guessed Dwight and son John Eisenhower---nope. Sue guessed John and son John Quincy Adams---nope (though both were Presidents!). Medal of Honor is for bravery above and beyond the call...so Theodore Roosevelt and his father Theodore both won. The other father/son pair is Douglas MacArthur and his father Arthur MacArthur. All cleared up???? Keep posting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home